A couple posts a month

... That's about all I can manage lately. It seems like life is just busier lately. It could be my imagination. I only have two kids and neither is in sports or clubs. Oh how will I long for these days later. But, this is what I can do now.

We've had a bit of illness in the past month. Asher came down with hand-foot-and mouth. It was actually a total surprise. He had been fussy and had a fever before, but didn't show any symptoms of the blisters. I didn't know until I took him in for shots. I was shocked when the Dr. told me. Then the guilt. How did I not know he was sick? Well, it became apparent enough in the next few days. Unfortunately, Isaac came down with it too. Of course.

Other than that, we've been pretty good. We're enjoying outdoor time when we can. The weather has been all over the place, so we've had many seasons in the past few weeks.















Here's what the kids are up to lately. Isaac is making more friends at school. He is reaching his goals at school and still likes going. He is becoming even more polite and better about saying "please," "thank-you," and "your-welcome."

He is starting to become more interested in humor. We are trying to teach him the difference between always funny (Daddy is 90 years old) and one-time fun (the stuffed animal took my water.)

Asher's language is getting better each day. We are working on pronunciation. He keeps asking for "appetizer." It took us the longest time to figure out he wanted his toy "excavator." He's learning to share more and is better with adult-guided resolutions. These still don't always work and we have some temper-tantrums, but what can you do, he's two.

Asher has been sleeping with a large truck that I have to tuck in before tucking him in. It's cute. He's still at the kisses-heal-all wounds phase. With everything going on in the world, I hope that lasts as long as possible.

Comments

  1. Life is busy and you are doing a wonderful job! Posting about life is not always the top priority, and that's okay!

    I love the pictures!! Especially when I spy you! Life's truths: butter is always good; picnics are better together; outside time is a blessing to mommas and sons; and spider costumes are always cute! I love Asher's haircut! Both boys are growing so FAST!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment