Isaac the artist

Isaac has taken to using my phone's camera for his new-found artistic expression. Normally it is photos but it can be videos as well. At first, I thought "Oh, this is just a four-year-old taking fuzzy pictures." However, the more I look at them, the more I realize he these are a commentary on his meaning of identity. It is his perspective of the world as someone of small stature both physically and in the lack of control over his world as a child, hence the consistent positioning of the camera up at the subject in the picture as well as the blurred image.

 

  

In other news, we've been having fun outside a lot. Saturday morning we spent nearly 3 hours at the park since it was such a nice day. Donuts and playtime were a hit. They (an other kids) played a lot with the water pump, which ended up flooding an area of the playground. They had a lot of fun.







My mom and dad came through town to spend some time with kids on their way home from a trip. The kids got a big kick out of seeing them. Thanks for making time for us!



Comments

  1. I had no idea our child was that deep. Truly, though, now I see it. The blurry photographs represent Isaac's tenuous grasp of the distinction between fantasy and reality, thereby allowing us as adults to understand at least in part an aspect of his phenomenology of perception. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment