Talking and crush

Hi there. This week seemed off. I kept getting the days of the week wrong. I'm not sure if that means that it seems long or short.

At any rate, it was a pretty good week. We are focusing on Asher talking more. That means we prompt him to talk when we give him a choice. So far it sounds like this:
- Us: "Asher, do you want milk or water?"
- Asher: "Yeah Yeah Yeah"
- Us: "Milk...... Water?"
- Asher:  "Yeah Yeah Yeah"
- Us: ....

Sometimes he opens the refrigerator and points to things while saying, "Dis, dis, dis" I guess that's something. He's just under his 20 words by 2 milestone, but we have a few more months. We'll keep working at it. We're repeating things three times before giving it to him and encouraging him to talk in order to get something. Most of the time this amounts to me holding an oreo just out of his reach while I say "cookie" in a futile attempt to get him to say it. He has said "cook cook" before, so I know he can. However, most of the time it results in him whining and saying, "mama mama!"After feeling like a jerk, I give it to him. It's not really benefiting anyone.

Isaac is developing a crush on a little girl at school. He talks about her, looks forward to seeing her and has declared her as, "very pretty." It's quite cute. The problem is that she is in another class and is a year older. Poor kid, she's going to kindergarten next year. He might not see her.  I'm not sure what she thinks of him.

Roy is doing well. He continues to eat the children's food when no one is looking. He's also getting into his regular shenanigans. As I write this he's walking out of the room..... it's because he has terrible gas and has left. Nice guy, that one.

On a happier note, this past weekend, we went out with friends. It's amazing, they go out with three kids every Friday night. It was madness with the five kids and four adults. But, we all had a good time. It was at a pizza place and the kids enjoyed watching them toss the dough.



I also made some crispy chickpeas. I've been wanting to do this for a while as a healthy snack. In order to get them crispy, I read that it is best to peel them once drained and rinsed from the can. I found that Asher liked them peeled and plain. I them tossed them with olive oil, sesame oil, salt and pepper before baking them. They were good when warm. Less than good when cool.  I don't think I will make them again.




Comments

  1. The chickpeas look yummy! I hope they weren't too much effort!

    And yay for going out with friends!! We hardly ever take our kids out to eat, but they definitely like to go. I think it makes for a good reward!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment