Calming down

It's funny how much I want something different when things are the same every day. Then how much I miss the routine when things are crazy. We're finally getting back to the routine. I'm thankful.

Asher is starting to talk a bit more. It's not the language explosion I've been expecting, but it will come. This morning when asked if he wanted milk or juice (10% juice, 90% water) he said "Ju!" Last night he said "ku ku" when pointing to his cous cous. He says "cook cook" when pointing to cookies. That's about the extent. The rest is yes's "ya ya ya" and no's, which is him just shaking his head.

Isaac's new interest is electricity. He talks about power lines and how that helps us turn on and off light. He wants to know where it comes from, how it travels through the lines, etc. We'll make a diagram this weekend to help him understand.

The love of trains runs strong in this one.




We recently got a bit of snow, but it felt like 3 outside, so we didn't stay out too long. Asher ran around. Isaac just ate snow. It worked out.







Asher and his food. Pears and Nutella. Now if I could just get him to eat a vegetable that wasn't peas, we'd be set.
 


Comments

  1. Your first paragraph is spot on, and could be the center of countless research studies! But, it just is! I am glad things are calming down!

    Isaac is so smart and curious! Was he helped by your diagram or did that bring more questions? We have a little power exhibit in our children's museum that helped our kids with that concept. But, I don't think they think about it deeply.

    I am so impressed by Asher's balance on the island! I can't believe he feels safe up there!

    I love the snow pictures! These are the days!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment