Roy, Tomatoes, Pumpkins

So, I decided Roy needed vegetables in his diet for reasons not suitable for polite blog posts.  After a failure with pumpkin, I tried green beans.  We often have these in the house, so I figured it would be a good veg every now and then.  I made his meal of dry food, rice, and topped it with beans.  The picture below shows what remained.  Hmm.  After a bit of trial and error, we discovered that only cooked beans are Roy approved.


In other Roy news, DH noticed blood on the kitchen floor.  He searched all over Roy's person but wasn't able to find the source.  I, too, checked and found a cut on his carpal pad (the upper paw.) After washing, treating, and bandaging it, here's what he looked like.  DH saw it and laughed. :-(, said he looked like a girl from the 80's with leg warmers, and called him Tiffany.  Fortunately Tiffany wasn't around long as the leg only needed to be wrapped two days.

We also had our first hard frost this past week, so that meant the last of the tomatoes needed to be picked.  We feasted on all the ripe ones, and have a basket of others that aren't yet ready.  Had I thought about it, I would have taken a picture of the full plate, but it didn't occur to me until after dinner. 

In other news, we had a pumpkin carving party this past weekend.  It was great.  We had hot mulled cider (like I hoped to do my very first pumpkin carving party, when it was 85 outside,) good food, and hard cider for good measure.  Below are DH and my pumpkins.  He wasn't too into carving, so I ended up doing both.  It worked out well, though, since people came and went throughout the afternoon.

Here's a closeup of the small chewed-upon pumpkin.  He looks frightened.... with good cause.


Comments

  1. How did I miss this post?! So cool! Those pumpkins are awesome!

    What will you do with the green tomatoes? I picture something awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment