More Backyard

What? You want to hear more about the backyard?  Well, you are in luck!  Now that the weather is cool, DH and I have been working up a storm.  DH torn out ivy & moved part of the decomposed mulch pile and we both have worked on getting rid of the stump/root/mulch pile.  DH has been tearing out more ivy, but no pics, sorry.

A few weeks ago.

Now
The mulch pile is the biggest change, though, admittedly, there really is a lot of work left.  To make myself feel better and to show you all the work that was involved, I'm showing you a series of photos of the transformation.

Beginning of June

Last weekend after months of growth, though being cleared earlier in the summer

Now.  You may need to open it to see it clearly.  There are more roots, but I didn't include those under 2 in diameter.

Honestly, I'm not sure what to do with this.  Even the long post complete with concrete footings escapes me.  I feel like we've done a ton, but there is still so much work to be done.  I see my dream of making this level and lawn slipping by. Notice my neighbors' pretty patio.  At least something is nice in this picture.

Comments

  1. Submit this somewhere on HGTV. Surely someone would want to have a go at this backyard! Seriously, though, maybe you need to consult about all those roots with someone from a college or extension agency?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment