Roy

Meet our new dog, Roy.  He is half Labrador Retriever and half Chesapeake Bay Retriever. We're so excited to have him here!  He grew up a few states away on my parent's farm (yes, I realize this is the opposite of what normally happens - instead of going to a 'farm,' he's coming from one) so we will need to do some training as he is now a suburban house dog.  He's a kind dog and takes to training well, so I'm sure there won't be any major issue.

Working on a bit of training.
So far, he's been great.  My mother worked with him, so he understands most basic commands and leads well.  He may not do what we ask immediately, but so far, so good.

Bragging alert!: DH and I quickly found out that he is much better socialized than other dogs.  On walks, he is calm when other dogs are barking and running around their yards with underground fences.  He tends to avoid the growling ones by giving them a wide berth, which is fine with us.

Resting after a morning walk

We're very happy to have him in our family!

Comments

  1. Love the pictures and your eagerness! He is in heaven, I am sure!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment