Skip to main content

Grin and Bear it (Roar)

Kids don't understand when you are ill. They just want you to be mommy or daddy. I'll cry to Alex, but I always try to be happy around my kids.  Most of the time I succeed. The other day I yelled and said, "No more crying!" to them when they were testing out their horror movie screams. When Asher cries (for more food mostly) Isaac often joins in just to add to the noise or he whines. One day it was too much for me on top of feeling lousy.

We have been lucky to be able to go out and play during these ups and downs of the weather.  Here are a few of us playing. The first is my lilacs budding finally after a few years of having the plant. Unfortunately, we are going down to 19F ; -7C tonight. There goes the buds. Ugh.






And then the weather changed. Isaac got a kick out of the snowballs and how they break apart. We had even more snow the day after, but I had to go to work. By the time I came home it had all melted.



I posted this on Facebook, but I wanted to share it here, too.  Asher is my destroyer. Whenever I put anything together, he tears it apart.  One day we'll play together instead of just "Mommy set it up and I'll knock it down."  But, that's how Isaac started too, so it'll come.



We went to the public library to play as a reward for good behavior for Isaac. He loved the kid-age computer games, checking out books, and playing on the elevator.


Comments

  1. I commented on this last week, but I must not have hit "submit!" It's hard being sick and being a parent at the same time. The fact that you are telling on yourself for yelling tells me that you probably do it less than I do. :) Pat yourself on the back for the things you can and take the rest in stride.

    Your boys are cute as always in snow and sun! Love them!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dragging

We're still in recovery mode from a cold last week.  We're a bit run down, but still managing to run around.  That's the way it goes with a toddler and a baby, though.

On the plus side, we are having fun through the coughs.

Isaac is having a wonderful time at school.  His teacher sent me these a few days ago.




Isaac continues to amaze me.  He's smart. He puts things together. And sometimes, he says really funny things.

We went out to a restaurant recently. On our way out he said, "We ate the restaurant!" He then corrected himself and said "We ate IN the restaurant."Me whispering to him before his bedtime "Say night-night to Daddy", "Night-night ice cream" and he waved to his empty bowl.  We know what's important to him. He's really into Thomas books, but doesn't really watch Thomas and Friends on TV much.  He's still all about the elevators on YouTube.  Almost every night he requests the book Strega Nona. I think he…

Nine Hours!

Asher slept nine hours straight the other night. This was the first time ever. It was wonderful.  At that time I fed and changed him, then he slept another 4 hours.  What a life. It was great for me, though. I slept in until almost 7:00am, so I'm thrilled.

We've had a pretty good week. Last weekend my parents came to visit us for a quick trip. It seems our visits are always centered around food. Next time I hope they stay longer and we can do more activities. You know, more food. :-)


They brought presents that we couldn't fit into the car and they brought a train table that wasn't being used by my nephews anymore. It's been an instant hit!  Isaac loves playing and Asher loves being destructive. It's at a good level so Asher can walk around it on his own. I find that I'll put the track together and am happy with what I've done, then Asher comes and ruins it. I think I care more than Isaac. :-)
We've been enjoying the weather as well. We get out as mu…

Back to work

I started half-days on Monday, except Tuesday was super long as I went to a conference two hours away and presented.  It worked out well.  The conference planner was very accommodating of my making-milk-for-baby needs.

I cried on Sunday in anticipation of going back to work.  I cried a little when I got home on Monday and finally got to hold Asher.  Tuesday and yesterday were better.  Today I missed him acutely. I just have a need to hold him when I get home and I'm doing okay. I would have loved to take a bit more time in order for Asher to be on a better schedule, but it didn't work out that way.  I'm lucky I had as much time as I did.

Alex has been wonderful.  He's sent me pictures of Asher while I'm at work, which is helpful.  Here are a few.




Isaac and Asher seem to be doing well.  I come home and they are happy.  Isaac needs more snuggles, but I'm happy to oblige. Asher was super happy today. You can see his skin tag in his nose really well in this video. …