Vacation

DH and I spent a long weekend in the DC area on an in-law vacation.  We were able to see a lot of family that we didn't have the opportunity to see over the holidays, plus catch up with those we did.  It was a lot of fun and yet relaxing.  I'm proud to say that the first night, sans Roy, we slept about 10 hours.  It was lovely.

Please excuse the not-so-great pictures as we didn't bring our good camera.  So, these are just from my cell.

While there we went to the Air and Space Museum.  We were able to see many hot-air balloons, the first airplanes, those used in various wars, like the Japanese kamakazi fighters, and the Discovery Spaceship - very cool.
One of the Wright brothers' first prototypes
A wooden propeller on a plane from 1917!

Discovery!
We also went to an Aquarium.  While we did see much more aquatic life than this, including dolphins, sharks, sea horses, turtles, etc, I apparently wasn't thinking about pictures.  That is, until we saw the jellies exhibit - again, very cool.


Roy was very happy to see us when we got home.  He's right back into his routine with us and doing very well.  Though, we did give him a bit more attention than normal considering that DH and I did miss him while away.

Comments

  1. I think the pictures are great from your camera! I'm glad you all had a great time! The sleep was well-deserved!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment