Birthday

Isaac just turned four!  My little sweet heart is funny, playful, and kind.


This past weekend, my parents came to visit, so we celebrated together. Isaac told me he wanted a red cake, so Red Velvet it was.  Honestly, I'm not sure why he cares as he mostly eats the frosting anyway. Perhaps he likes the cream-cheese frosting over butter-cream. Who knows? I think he just likes sugar.
Alex was posing for this picture. He looks so natural!
 To mimic my sister, I asked Isaac a series of questions.

  1. How old are you?
    1. Four
  2. What is your favorite song?
    1. Wheels on the bus. 
  3. Who is your best friend?
    1. Monty (He's a cartoon.)
  4. What do you like to watch on TV?
    1. Mia. She's the best girl. (Also a cartoon. Apparently he's smitten.)
  5. What's your favorite food?
    1. I like to eat blueberries. (The weird thing is that he really doesn't.)
  6. What do you like to do with Mommy?
    1.  I like to play with mommy.
  7. What do you like to do with Daddy?
    1.  I don't want to answer questions.
    2. (This makes me think there is some sort of fight club going on. See below for my proof.)
Okay, so it was blackberries, but still, look at my baby!
 The kids liked visiting with my parents. Isaac showed off his athletic ability by jumping off the ottoman. Asher tried to follow suit, but thought burying his face and hiding was more fun.



After my parent's visit, we went to the zoo on his actual birthday. Isaac said he wanted to see the polar bear and the giraffes. So, we did. It was quite warm, so we did a lot of the indoor exhibits, too. Everyone had fun. Isaac even said he didn't want to go home.










This is us having fun with a stock tank in the back yard on a warm day.  It sort of looks like Isaac is explaining life to his younger brother. Now that Isaac is four, he's experienced in the ways of the world. It's good they can have guy time together.

Comments

  1. Happy birthday, Isaac!! He is sweet and I am happy you celebrated over the whole weekend!! Fun stuff!

    I love his answers to your questions! It sometimes takes me more than one sitting to get through them all ;)

    I didn't realize you all have a stock tank! That. Is. Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment