PAINT!!

So, I took on this painting project thinking that the four days I was home from work over the holidays would be sufficient for the job.  If I needed a bit of extra time, then there was always the weekend.  Ha!  I underestimated the amount of work.  I was treating the foyer, stairwell, and upstairs hallway as one room.  What was I thinking?!!

Anyway, it's finally done.  After a coat of tinted primer and a coat of thick paint (it turned out to be paint + primer) I am finished.  And, I think it looks great, if I do say so myself.  It certainly looks better as this paint actually goes all the way up to the ceiling.

This is "Autumn Fog" by Valspar, which is in the same color family as "Sharkfin," which is in our family room/dining room.

Upstairs hallway before:

Upstairs hallway after:


Somewhere in the middle:
The paint looked JUST LIKE the tinted primer as I painted it on, so it caused a few headaches.
And after again:
We still need to add the register cover to this one, but otherwise it's done.
I'm so happy to be finished.  This took much longer than anticipated and my house is showing severe signs of neglect: the dust bunnies are starting to hold hands under the furniture.

With that, Isaac has something to say:


Comments