Homey Christmas

Over the weekend we had some friends over to dinner.  Both the adults kept asking us if various things in the house were new.  After the fourth time of answering, "No, that came with the house" or "We've had that since we moved in," I explained all the changes in the past three months since they've been over.  Unsatisfied with my response that any of these changes could explain the difference, they commented that our house is now homey.  It has a different feel.  I guess it took a two and a half years, but our house is now a home.  Perhaps it just looks more like theirs with toys strewn about.  In any case, I took it as a compliment.  It is a home.

It's great to have a comfortable place to watch Isaac play and grow.

Okay, enough with the sappy text - here are the pictures:



It is Christmastime!  I was able to put up the Christmas tree this Sunday.  It is still as tall as ever.  Isaac likes the decorations that he can reach.  I made sure none of them were breakable.

Thank you Aunt Ann & Fran for all the child-appropriate toys & decorations!




Comments

  1. Ahhh!! I'm so glad that your house is feeling like home! Kids seem to do that!

    And, as always, the pictures of Isaac are super cute!! The tree looks good, too! And you look really skinny to me in that picture of you on the floor reading to Isaac!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's hilarious. As soon as I loaded it, I thought, "Wow, I should have sucked in!"

      Delete

Post a Comment