Happy New Year!

DH and I had a great new year's eve.  We had a holiday dinner including DH's favorite, green bean casserole.  We also were able to enjoy a relaxing evening at home around our first fire in the fireplace (note, we haven't had a fire anywhere else; I just wanted to be specific.)


We also enjoyed a cake to ring in the new year.  The almond paste in it smelled absolutely delicious prepping, baking, and eating. To my sisters-in-law who enjoy my baking commentary so much - why yes, this is Frazipan with an apricot glaze.



We've gotten a fair bit of snow this past week.  On Friday evening we received about 1/2 in of snow.  It wasn't enough to do anything major to the roads, but it did make everything look beautiful.  I forget how bright it makes everything in the evening.  When we took Roy out on Friday night we almost didn't have to turn on the yard light as the snow reflected every bit of light available already.  Here are a few pictures to enjoy from around our place:

Our place.
This is growing along our driveway. 
DH and Roy enjoying the snow.
We received more snow than this again in the past day, but I didn't get out this morning with my camera.  It's at the point now where the wet snow has hardened overnight so everything is very slick.  Fortunately, I don't have to drive anywhere today.

Comments

  1. The flowers in the second to last picture are awesome. Again I ask, what camera do you have that you can take these quality pictures? You are awesome!

    Happy New Year! I know it is going to be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I had mentioned. It is a Canon E0S, Rebel T3. It was a bit of an investment, but we've gotten a lot of use out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How long did it take you to learn to use it? Or did your high school photography days come in handy there and you already knew?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Several weeks. I've found a few settings that I stick to most of the time as most of these shots turn out well. I probably could take a class & get even more out of it, but I'm pretty happy with it as it is.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment