Painting consumed me this past week. I sanded walls, puttied holes, sanded some more, washed walls, and prepped for painting with tape and drop cloths. I learned some mad skills while priming, like how to cut in a perfect edge on the ceiling. True, this was after I realized I taped everything but the ceiling and I was left with the decision to tape even more or just go slowly and have a wet rag on hand.
I'm including some pictures of the progress and the result.
|I did the trim first when I primed. It looks a bit purple, but it is actually a light grey.|
|I did this wall last after the construction on the doorway was done.|
During this time we also had DH's office door widened. It was an exterior wall, so we hired a contractor. It turned out perfectly. Granted there was an inordinate amount of dust do to the construction, but now we can actually get furniture through the door. Hooray!
|Also, look at our new register covers - I think they look great!|
The wall color is most true to the Sharkfin paint color.
|This looks a little dark & blue because of the flash, but it is still pretty close.|